Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFS and husband itemizes, so spouse must as well. MN says if one spouse itemizes they both must. The software is giving the standard deduction to spouse. How do I fix?

taxesbydot
Level 3

My client is the spouse and the standard deduction is calculating on the MN return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a box someplace on the client information worksheet that forces itemizing in those situations.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a box someplace on the client information worksheet that forces itemizing in those situations.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxesbydot
Level 3
I have the MFS and spouse itemizes box checked on the federal worksheet. Is there a similar box on the MN worksheet that I can't find?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I haven’t done one of those this year.  Normally it would just flow through from the federal but they maybe complicated our lives this year.  If it doesn’t want to flow correctly you might have to override and file a paper return,

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxesbydot
Level 3
Thank you. I was afraid of that.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers