Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD Unemploymen

audreynadine
Level 2

2 weeks ago legislation passed reducing taxes on 2020 unemployment compensation in the state of Maryland. When will the program be updated?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
BobKamman
Level 15

Nine business days and still no program update?  Outrageous!  Let's look at what the state is doing about it.  Their website says,

"Please note that tax forms related to the RELIEF Act signed into law on February 15, 2021, will not be ready until March."

There are enough crabs behind the Crabcake Curtain without complaints about software that doesn't prepare nonexistent forms.   “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.” 

mdtao31
Level 7

MD website says march

regards, LARRY

ps "stay safe"

audreynadine
Level 2

Thank you, sir! 

I sure do love a crab cake 🙂

audreynadine
Level 2

bs here. I will wait patiently. Most Marylanders are patient I have many customers that didn't get their first unemployment check for 3 or 4 months after they applied. It took most of them spending 12-15 hours at night to get into the MD unemployment portal and then they were unsuccessful at completing the login procedure. I believe them because it took me until the beginning of February to finish all my 3rd and 4th quarter business unemployment reports costing each customer $45.00 each quarter in late fees. Audrey Shaffer