Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD PTE TAX AGAIN!

dsocpa
Level 5

S Corp Non resident shareholders 50/50 split.  Still having issues with the MD PTE tax.  Rounding errors on line 1 form 511.  Got to the point I simply did an override to fix the $1 difference between the 50% shareholders Distributive pro rata share on lines 1a and 2.  The messy part comes from the form 505 and 502CR.  The S Corp had income.  The PTE tax paid was greater than the tax due on the net income.   As directed I attached the substitute MD K-1 form 510.  ProSeries is giving me an error that I need to attach the forms 510 MD K-1 forms, which I have done.  I attached the forms and now I get an error there is no PTE credit so attachments are not required.  I remove the attachments.  Now I'm getting an error The PTE part CC line 9 requires a schedule K-1 attachment.  I attach the K-1's and now I'm getting the error there is no credit so attachment must be removed.  Can anyone tell me why this is happening.  I've literally spent hours trying to straighten this out..  

0 Cheers