Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD Electronic Withdraw Due Date

mlthomas26
Level 3

When will the software be updated to accept automatic withdraws in MD after 4/15/21

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

The due date change from 4/15/21 to 7/15/21 for IND or BUS has not been implemented by the state agency yet.  As of now, you can set up the payment to be made on the current date or a future date but not beyond 4/15/21 (as it was the original filing/paying due date).  

Until the state updates their system, taxpayers that elect to make payments after 4/15/21 will need to make the payments electronically or with a printed voucher.   

https://interactive.marylandtaxes.gov/individuals/payment/

https://interactive.marylandtaxes.gov/bServices/BillPay/Default.aspx

0 Cheers
Jeff
Level 1

Is there any update on this as MD seems to have made the changes. I have many returns that can't be filed. Thanx!!

0 Cheers

I am in the same position. Any update here?

0 Cheers
Verarose
Level 2

I just spoke to Lacerte and they said MD is not allowing them to change to the later payment date in their software.  I then spoke with MD, their machine said to email [email address removed]    OK - I will type it differently since they aren't allowing this info

efil      @     maryland   taxes    .gov

There is no "e" on efile.  The efile department phone # is 410-260-7753.  I just sent MD an email - we will see their reply and I will update this string.

We are paying way too much money to Intuit to have this problem!!

0 Cheers
Verarose
Level 2

We don't have the time to set up a MD account for each client.   The client is paying all of us to process the payment through the software.    I am paying Lacerte almost $17,000 a year to properly program the software.  

0 Cheers
Verarose
Level 2

Not yet!!!

0 Cheers
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately, we do not have any updates from the State of Maryland for the issue you are facing.  Their efile system is not currently set up to handle payments made after the "normal" deadline and will generate a efile reject if the payment is generated.  

We do understand the pain this issue is creating for tax preparers and are communicating with the state for updates regularly.   I will communicate any updates or changes when they become available. 

0 Cheers
Verarose
Level 2

The state of MD replied to my filing date question - They are saying the should have it fixed around 4/23 - let's not hold our breathes.

ehammondcpa
Level 3

We are experiencing the same problem this year. Will Intuit be working with MD to find a solution to this problem. The deadline has been extended to 7/15 again, but the payment date is still not corrected.

0 Cheers