Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of pages that can be attached to efiled return?

pattpats
Level 1

I have a 1099 B with 125 pages to attach to a return.  Can I attach several pdf's totaling the 125 pages or do I have to mail the 8453 with the 1099

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Does the 1099B have to be attached?

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I often attach the non-covered detail pages, which thankfully are getting fewer and fewer,  but i just have one entry for like "BriokerX short-term covered" and " BrokerX long-term covered", which does satisfy the reporting requirements.  I think this is what the IronMan is implying.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dkh
Level 15

Do you know you don't have to report each transaction if it meets certain criteria - See Instructions for Schedule D, page D-11, column 3 :  Lines 1a and 8a - Transactions not reported on Form 8949

I have client with same situation - hundreds of stock transactions.   I only have to enter a dozen or so that are wash sales.   The rest meet the requirements per Sched D instructions that can be entered as lump sum on Schedule D.    It is a huge time saver.