Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland Unemployment Comp

chasetax
Level 7

contacted Comptroller of Maryland 4-19-21. they have updated to a Schema 3.0 for processing unemployment exclusion/taxability.  any returns (i have one) it seems with unemployment, even if less than $10,200, will eventually be rejected.  Per Intuit, today, we will have an update on Friday April 23.  We will have to update our program and re-submit any rejected or new returns with any unemployment compensation.

@dascpa fyi

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
dascpa
Level 11

Shocked we might have an update so fast.  But not sure why we would have any rejected returns.  We knew the form wasn't available so why would anyone submit one? And what is a Schema 3.0?

chasetax
Level 7

@dascpa I submitted a return with unemployment less than $10,200-it should have been accepted by MD-it also had a MD eitc calculation-when I contacted MD, MD said eitc was an issue as well as their upgrade concerning unemployment.  A schema is the basic foundation or program running the software-similar to Windows 8 or 9 or 10-basically the guts of the system.

0 Cheers