Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARYLAND RETURN FILING COPY

lyndaj0331
Level 4

The filing copy usually includes (and it is checked off) a copy of the federal return.  When it printed, it had two Maryland returns and no federal return.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
dascpa
Level 11

I've printed over a hundred MD returns this year and no issues.  Curious, unless you're having the client mail in a tax return why do you even need the filing copy?  Since we have the options to print client, filing and preparer copies why not just modify one to your liking and print that?

0 Cheers
lyndaj0331
Level 4

Most of my clients don't want all the forms that come with the client copy, so i have gotten into the habit of printing the filing copy for them without the attached federal for the state filings.  I had forgotten to uncheck the required federal attachments box and was scrolling through to pick which page numbers to not print and happened to notice the duplication of the form 505.  I thought it was odd.  You have a good point though - I could just modify the client copy and be done with it.  Thank you. 

0 Cheers