Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland not EF ready?

bryce
Level 3

My system is still not allowing me to print 2021 MD tax returns. It seemed as though some MD forms were not EF ready until 2/10/22.  

This morning I came in and there are no more errors on individual MD forms. However, when I try and print the return.....it states there are errors and won't print the return. 

Any ideas?  Waiting for Proseries support to open up so I can call.

16 Comments 16
ljr
Level 8

I have a Maryland sitting here waiting as well. I wish they would give us some indication of a date - I mean what do we keep telling the clients?

LMH
Level 3

Please post an update after talking to tech support.  The update came through yesterday for MD but still says forms not final.  Also do you know if they fixed the child care issue with MD.  They posted an alert but never updated..

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

pro series support is a big JOKE

BUT they have no qualms asking for payment early

i have been with proseries for 25 yrs,THERE WILL NOT BE A 26th year

regards, Larry

stay safe

cindy40362
Level 2

Support is saying the update will be available later today for Maryland.  We should run another update later today.

0 Cheers
Julie2
Level 4

We are in the same boat over here at our office.  We have about 100 returns waiting to be finalized with the Maryland portion of the return.  We were all excited to come in this morning and get this done, but alas, here we are....... stalled.  Come on ProSeries, give us an indication as to when we can print these returns. 

Good morning. Our teams are aware of this and are working on it actively. This should be resolved later today. 

0 Cheers
cindy40362
Level 2

Do you have any idea on the time frame for this update?  The errors for FORMS not available are gone in the program but when go to process get an error message.  Checked and no update available to download yet.  

0 Cheers
ltyler21
Level 3

Any update on the status? It is 4:45 EST and still no resolve.

0 Cheers
Julie2
Level 4

HA, it's now 5:54 EST and still no update.  Yet another non productive day of tax prep.  

bryce
Level 3

I got a supervisor to call me back after the first person (who was very nice) tried to figure out why and couldn't get an answer except "yeah, it won't print". I tried to keep my cool with the supervisor, but explained that this is unacceptable. She said that MD has not given them the thumbs up to move forward.  I explained that many other tax software's, including ones owned by Intuit, are not having this issue so I really find it hard to believe that this is MD's fault. She said they are doing their best and calling MD regularly and she hopes that maybe sometime today (2/10/22) it will be ready. 8:30pm and I'm still getting the error.....

0 Cheers
ltyler21
Level 3

I can assure you it’s not MD. I have talked with 2 different people from the Comptrollers office today and they said this is an issue with Proseries software. Which makes sense since other softwares can print MD returns. 

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

that is bull----

regards, larry

stay safe

0 Cheers
DonMD
Level 1

Support hours listed as starting at 6 AM.  Phone message states closed..  Like everyone else can't print MD forms. Lack of communication is unreasonable.

Julie2
Level 4

Strange thing is, you can print the MD efile form and you can file most MD returns that don't have a small business.  I have several clients that have already received their MD refunds.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Anyone know how we can get together and file suit against Intuit for not providing the information that we pay to receive?  

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

bullcrap

have a nice day

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

do not waste your time or your breath\

maryland is a disgrace.i have 6 rental prop

reurns that i cannot file because it

saysn certain form for passive income