Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland due date 7/15/2022

KLSCACPAS
Level 2

When will the MD due date be changed automatically in Proseries so the letter will be correct?

7 Comments 7
cindy40362
Level 2

Pro Series - any update on this issue - Letter still incorrect, plus we can't e-file with an electronic payment after April 30.

dascpa
Level 11

Heard thru the grapevine 07/16/22  /sarcasm/.  We as practitioners on this board are not told so we know when you know.

rsimmonscpa
Level 1

When will this be updated?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@rsimmonscpa - did you happen to read the post right above yours?

Slava Ukraini!
ehammondcpa
Level 3

It may be a problem with the MD Comptroller's efile schema. I have sent an email to the MD tax pro helpline. Maybe we should ALL send them a request to fix the problems.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

What am I missing - what does the state of MD have to do with programming letters for Intuit?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ehammondcpa
Level 3

I think that the letters pull the date from the return data. If the return won't allow a date in the payment date field past 4/30 without an error, the problem isn't in the letter. It's in the software. However, we had a similar problem last year when the due date was wrong because MD hadn't updated the e-file system due dates. When MD fixed their error, ProSeries could change the date and fix the problem in the software. It was a problem within the e-file programs, not the return software. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm grasping for solutions along with everyone else. But last year on the filing deadline of 7/15, the software wouldn't allow any e-filing of extensions and the problem was at the Comptroller's office. They fixed it and then ProSeries would allow for the e-filing of extensions. I'm very frustrated with this whole system this year. So if we keep doing the same thing and it isn't working, maybe we should try something else!

0 Cheers