Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Married Filing Separatly

sharpcougar
Level 3

I have 2 clients. Husband filed HOH and I am helping the spouse file as married filing separately. I am also filing form 8958 as an attachment with with "No" checked as for the question "Are allocated community property amounts reported on this return?".

When I try to Efile, I get this error: "Error R0000-194: Submission must not be a duplicate of a previously accepted submission. This return was rejected by the IRS because a tax return for the taxpayer's identification number has already been filed and accepted by the IRS. Verify that you have accuratly entered the taxpayer's SSN or TIN and make corrections if required. If no errors have been made in the entry of the taxpayer's SSN or TIN, it may be necessary to contact the IRS at 1-1800-829-1040 for further guidance. If you cannot resolve this problem, you will need to print and file this return by mail"

Thoughts?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

A return has already been filed using an Intuit Product.....

Did your client use the Non Filer site to get the stimulus?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sharpcougar
Level 3

She did not file a return for sure. I'm thinking it has to deal with her spouse's return and having his name and SSN on attached 8958?

0 Cheers