Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking amounts as reviewed

Jim9
Level 2

Aside from right clicking on say the wage amount on a 1040 and entering "R" or "Reviewed", so that you know later you reviewed that line on the tax return, is there any other way to mark a cell as reviewed?  I'm helping a colleague who uses another software and when viewing the return, you simply click on say the wage number and it puts a green check mark next to it, so you know wages have been reviewed.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

No, but that'd be a great feature.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Jim's colleague must use Lacerte.

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I do that with ProSeries ... but it a pain to get the Sharpie marker off of the monitor when I'm done.   

TaxGuyBill_0-1611024678052.png

taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

What I do is have Secretary or another data entry gal hit F8 on the entry after they initially enter data on the return.  She would put highlight (F8) on line 1 of W2 or 1099 worksheet or on the name of 1099 INT or 1099 DIV line item entries.  So when I go to check entries I just have to again hit F8 on each entry to confirm that I have checked that item.