Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make estimatedpayments electronically

grossie
Level 5

How to make estimated tax payments electronically

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can schedule them on the ES Worksheet.   Or use IRS Direct Pay to make them throughout the year electronically.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can schedule them on the ES Worksheet.   Or use IRS Direct Pay to make them throughout the year electronically.

grossie
Level 5

Lisa,

Many thinks!

0 Cheers
grossie
Level 5

mean thanks - been another long day

Mimbreno
Level 3

I also found you can make your state estimated payments on line at many of the state taxation and revenue sites. I am in New Mexico and we can set the payments up for all 4 quarters and designate the payment withdrawal dates as well. I am quite sure most states have this ability. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just saw they added CA this year, never noticed it before....CA makes it super easy to do it on their website as well

dsocpa
Level 5

unfortunately, here in Maryland we have no way to make electronic estimated tax payments for PTE's online.  I see in Pro Series I can set them up.  However, because the due date for the first 2 payments was 7/15 the program is not allowing me to efile the payments today.  Is there a was I can override the date?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
no, those ES dates are hard coded into the software, you wont be able to schedule them if its past that date. You could just make the 3rd quarter a BIG payment to cover the first 3 in one payment, but that due date is another 6 weeks out.

dsocpa
Level 5

Thanks Just-Lisa-Now-  I should be able to efile the 3rd quarter through the software?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If MD has the option to schedule ES payments, you should be able to do it as long as youre on or before the due date.

dsocpa
Level 5

Very frustrating but I'm unable to use the quarterly efile for my partnership and S corp clients so the 3rd and 4th quarters are set-up to go automatically.  I've only gotten the estimates to efile once a few years ago.  Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.  I go back and review all the necessary information.  The date can't be the problem this time because today is 9/10 and the 3rd qtr is due next Wednesday.  

Really too bad because MD is so behind the times with efiling and uploading documents.  The only other way for clients to pay the estimates is with a paper check.  Most of my clients don't even have checks because all they do is electronic.  Some I doubt even know how to fill out a check.

Anyone have any ideas to share please send them my way.  I'm going to have to get these returns filed.  My understanding is once the return is filed it's too late to set-up the estimated tax efile, but maybe for next year.....

0 Cheers