Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a client inactive?

Hi, I've been working with a client but we are not going to continue.  Is the best way to handle the return that is on my system to make it inactive and if so, how do I do that in ProSeries Professional?  What exactly happens to an inactive client?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I just "delete'.  Especially if you transferred from prior year, as you have 'your' last prepared return.  I have on occasion reacquired a client, and if so..i just go thru the transfer from prior year til i get to year i'm working on.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I just "delete'.  Especially if you transferred from prior year, as you have 'your' last prepared return.  I have on occasion reacquired a client, and if so..i just go thru the transfer from prior year til i get to year i'm working on.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

Can I restore it after it's been deleted, if I don't have a prior year?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, not in the system.  But you can always back it up to a flash drive if you like.

Slava Ukraini!