Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost return

Nigele1
Level 1

If a tax return that was efiled but is missing from my database can Intuit supply me with a copy of the original return? I know I can get one from the IRS but was thinking maybe this would be easier and quicker.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. You should have a backup system from which you can retrieve files.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

It would have only taken you a very brief period of time to make a backup or a copy... it amazes me that people are not making backup files or copies, Simply Amazing... just my opinion...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Intuit doesnt make or keep copies of what you send though them anymore than the post office makes or keeps copies of what you send though them. 

I use Carbonite, it constantly scans and saves the most recent files in any folder I choose, I dont have to do anything special expect pay them less than $100 a year to store it all for me,  super cheap insurance for stuff like this.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Norman2001
Level 7

Maybe you accidently deleted it. Did you look for it in your Recycle Bin?

IRonMaN
Level 15

It would be easier or quicker walking over to your file cabinet to get the paper copy you kept or go to your computer and retrieve the pdf copy of the file that you created when the return was completed.  

Slava Ukraini!