Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line 29 of Form 8962 not carrying over to the schedule 2 on form 1040

captainb
Level 2

I processed a return on April 2nd and the line 29 of form 8962 showed $800 as the amount that should carry over to schedule 2 on form 1040.  It did carry over as the form specified.

HOWEVER when I went to efile on 4/9 the schedule 2 did not reflect any dollar value and the federal return reflected a balance due of $800 less the the processed return on 4/2.  No changes were made by me in the intervening time .  ( i have done my updates as required  but saw no change in that taxing requirement.)  Is there a software update that i missed- I have shut down and rebooted my system twice and there error is still there.  How do I fix this issue. And has anyone else had the problem???

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Right, the law changed back on March 11th, we've all been waiting on the software update to remove the APTC payback and it finally arrived in Wed afternoon's update.

So you will see any return that had an APTC payback be changed by the software now.   IRS says do not amend previously filed returns yet, sounds like they may be able to initiate the refund from their end. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪