Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the number come from on a form 8960 on line 19a?

billwtb
Level 2

i am doing a 1041 filing for an estate and all income is passing thru to beneficiaries via K-1.  one the form 8960 there is a number on line 19A of $254 and i can not figure out where that number is coming from.  By coincidence $254 is the amount of taxes paid by the estate.....but i do not see why that would be the number on 19a.

anyone have any ideas/

thanks

bill

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
poolcleaner
Level 9

Line 19a—Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) If the estate or trust doesn’t own a CFC or PFIC, enter its AGI for regular income tax purposes. If the estate or trust owns a CFC or PFIC, it may need to make adjustments. See Line 13—Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI), earlier.

In most cases 19a comes from Line 21 on page 1 of the 1040.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
poolcleaner
Level 9

Line 19a—Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) If the estate or trust doesn’t own a CFC or PFIC, enter its AGI for regular income tax purposes. If the estate or trust owns a CFC or PFIC, it may need to make adjustments. See Line 13—Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI), earlier.

In most cases 19a comes from Line 21 on page 1 of the 1040.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Maybe @Intuit BettyJo can track down a ProSeries expert to get a better answer for this 1041.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
I agree that the $254 in both places is confusing.
0 Cheers