Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less than 7 full days left to tax deadline...

Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

How do you de-stress during this time? Is there any work/life balance, or is it all back to the grind for me?

Here's a post from one of our All Stars @IRonMaN :

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1819069-it-s-friday-only-3-days-left-in-the-work-...

I am taking his advice and taking a break to smile.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The key to destressing is not getting stressed to begin with.  Once I find out how to do that, I will be back with another post 🙂

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
34 Comments 34
dkh
Level 15
I use lots of chocolate to help cope with these last days.   3 tax returns dropped off today.  What are these people thinking!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
They are thinking that they are your only clients :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
I actually had a client comment I didn't "look" stressed this year.........must've been a good hair day.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
My favorite line from clients is "you must be really busy" ----------------- and then they pitch a tent and start a campfire so they can't sit and BS.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene
Stressed is just Desserts spelled backwards....good thing my co-worker (cough @Kathi_at_Intuit ) has been on a baking spree and made a Rice Crispy Treat cake yesterday. That had enough sugar for the whole week.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@dkh I love chocolate! I am a dark chocolate person... good hair day, we all have those don't we?? @Charlene_At_Intuit is right it was a sugar bomb and I am glad that I did not eat any.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@IRonMaN but I love camping :joy:
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
@Kathi_at_Intuit   Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds.  Tax season main food group.
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
@IRonMaN   I keep my cellphone close so I can call my landline when the glampers settle in.   Saved by the bell.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Good plan with the phone, but if you are going with dark chocolate, you have to go with Dove.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
New client dropped off her signed efile forms today along with a box of Godiva chocolate. I love her!

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@dkh so is it the old, chocolate comes from cocoa, which is a tree, that makes it a plant. chocolate is a salad. Eat more chocolate. :smile:
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
@Kathi_at_Intuit   love that - never thought of it that way.  I eat salad every day.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I ate a whole box of Sees candy over the weekend  Ugh!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@sjrcpa that is awesome!
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@dkh yum! @Just £isa Now! love Sees, I could eat a whole box too!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The key to destressing is not getting stressed to begin with.  Once I find out how to do that, I will be back with another post 🙂

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni
I find that running* helps my anxiety.. It really helps to take the stress of the day off my mind

* = running to Chick-Fil-A in my car

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Sounds like a good run to me.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@Intuit Austin I knew something was up, it is not time for the gym yet!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Oh...how I miss my gym!! I'll take 1-2 days off and its back to my workout schedule.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@garman22 me too... I miss the swimming.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Miss the gym?  I try to stay out of them.  I survived sadistic gym teachers in school swatting kids on the back of their bare legs with their whistle straps.  I'm not going back there...………………………….. unless of course they offer free chocolate.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
What about cupcakes?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I thought that was a given.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene
Chocolate Cupcakes. Problem solved.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
What problems can't chocolate cupcakes solve?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Diabetes? :laughing: Stupid Mike has to ruin it. heehee!!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@Kathi_at_Intuit .....I am a weightlifter and spend my off season doing just that. Nothing to competition mind you.....i hate being away during the tax season but this work allows me freedom to focus on that the rest of the year.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@garman22 that is awesome when you are able to do something you love!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Completely agree!! I need to do what you do for a completely different exercise.....but my people dont like water. :open_mouth::open_mouth:
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

What is causing all of you to be so stressed?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You just wait.  Once you start preparing returns in 5 months, you will start to feel the stress :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
I only feel the stress the day of the deadline but there are a lot of deadlines!
0 Cheers