Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Arrival of State Returns

hankinstax
Level 5

Once again Intuit has promised and failed to deliver.  Alabama and other state programs were scheduled to begin allow basic forms printing as of today.  The program still shows as "Final but Can be Printed".  As anyone who has tried knows, you can't print some basic forms including 8453.  I just called support and was told maybe some time today.  Competitors programs as well as Turbotax have had this functionality for over a week.  This happens every year and the "excuses" ranged from a to z.  I buy my program from Intuit  not the State Department of Revenue.  Who is Intuit working for?  I would be interested in what excuses any of you who call support are given.  If I was not 70 years old and used to Intuit, I would change programs without question.

6 Comments 6
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

AL does show ready. I'd give it a day or you "can" try uninstalling the AL module and re-installing. 

I had that issue with Illinois a couple years back. 

dkh
Level 15

The time zone difference is most likely why the states you want are not available yet.   Try again later after California wakes up.

hankinstax
Level 5

Believe it or not that is what my last support call advised.  Wait until CA wakes up.  Well it's noon central and still nothing.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Try going here:  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/system-responses/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-th...

Someone was reporting same issue with WI. They d/l'ed proseries tool hub and that fixed their issue. 

Support is useless......they really should fire them all and stick with the forums. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

But they have made some progress.  Wasn't it a couple of years ago that Alabama wasn't going to be ready until something like late February or March?  Baby steps.  But with Intuit, the baby always seems to  fall down the basement steps.

Slava Ukraini!
maxie
Level 3

That is correct and it was a nightmare. I had hundreds of clients just waiting... 

Proseries and AL forms are always LAST. Every other program/competitor can do AL returns before I can. It really makes me wonder WHY I'm still with Proseries. The honest answer is I don't have the time or mental energy to swap. But I may just need to find it.