Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large # of Rejected 1040

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎April 13, 2020 10:16 AM

We have had 4 1040 returns rejected between 4/7 - 4/11.  This seems like a lot and it says the returns were already filed. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
16 Replies 16
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Wow....i have not. I have several that I have not check acks on yet....I will do so and report back.

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

My efiles were ok...... @Just-Lisa-Now- posted something over in a FB group re: the new portal. If a client goes through this process, e-filing a return may receive a dupe rejection......it might be worth to investigate that avenue.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I am having the same exact problem and am very concerned.  Proseries help desk is claiming that one of my employees tampered with the returns but I know they didn't because it was a totally random EFIN number that was used to file them, not my own.  I am starting to believe there was a hack inside of proseries.  This is so bad!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@Itsataxthing wrote:

I am having the same exact problem and am very concerned.  Proseries help desk is claiming that one of my employees tampered with the returns but I know they didn't because it was a totally random EFIN number that was used to file them, not my own.  I am starting to believe there was a hack inside of proseries.  This is so bad!

and what would anyone at ProSeries stand to gain by filing your clients returns under some other unknown EFIN?  Id contact E-Services with the EFIN used an find out who it belongs to.....either your system has been breached, or you have a dishonest employee.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted

Lisa I think that the hack came from within or through pro series, not my system.  I tracked the EFIN down and it belonged to an elderly accountant who hardly knows how to use the system. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@AshleyatIntuit   can you add some input here?

So someone got the elderly accountants EFIN and filed using your Intuit Account with you as the ERO?

Maybe you need to better explain what occurred.

Highlighted

I’m hesitant to go into more detail.  I posted here to see if anyone was having a similar experience.  I am looking for info as my small business could go under because of this.  I have notified all proper channels to begin dealing with it. I have been on the phone with the IRS for days. The Proseries rep was actually the one who gave me the EFIN and name of the person (shocking I know) used to file, which I then looked him up and called him. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

"hack inside Proseries"... yet you are the only one experiencing it ?

THAT is highly unlikely...

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted

I hope it’s not. This is really terrible 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

All the dummies signing up for the stimulus on the non  filer website?   oh wait, was it open on the 7th?  maybe that was before it opened.

Highlighted
Level 15

The first concern that pops up is, are you sure your computer system wasn't hacked?

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 1

Thank you!  Two of these clients have no computers and are in a nursing home but I went through and look at the non-filer portal. WOW!  These people don't get it.

Highlighted

So first and foremost if you suspect fraudulent activities regardless of cause you need to do your due diligence, contact the irs, us via phone super and potentially your clients if in fact a return was efiled.

Second I'm insist how you could track down ANYONE'S info much less their age etc. 

Until more info is provided I'm not really sure how else to advise

Highlighted
Level 15

"Second I'm insist how you could track down ANYONE'S info much less their age etc."

That part sounded a bit lutefisky to me. 🤔

Highlighted

Lol @IRonMaN. it was my phone. It should've said second... I'm unsure how you'd get anyone's info...

Highlighted
Level 15

Actually I was being nice to you ------- for a change------ and referring to tracking down the old guy and getting, his height, weight, hair color, etc.  But if you want to admit that you made your first mistake for the year - go for it.  😁