Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large file size printing to PDF

Jim1004
Level 1

When printing a client return to PDF, a large file size is created (24mb) which of course is too large to email.  Previously files were less than one megabyte.  This just seemed to just show up as I have been doing this for years.  Saw a couple threads but no solutions.  Ran PDF repair tool, was no help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

Large PDF attachments always cause problems.  You have the option of mailing in the attachment with Form 8453 within 3 days of e-filing.  See options listed on Schedule D input worksheet.

0 Cheers
Jim1004
Level 1

I am trying to email a copy of the return to client as a PDF for review but file size has grown massive as compared to what it used to be.  Specifically, Form 990.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

If it's the client copy they already received the 1099 from the investment house.  There really is no need to email the attachment of a form they already received (and probably gave to you).  As an alternative my PDF writer can do 2:1, or 4:1 or more pages.  Beyond 4:1 no one can read.  Not acceptable the IRS, but acceptable to the client.

0 Cheers