Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 Package - Print Both Federal & State

Please have a function to print the K-`1 package for both federal and state combined by partner.  Many of the other software groups have this function.  I would like to click print K-1 package and it organized the package by partner including both their federal and state k-1's.  This would make it much easier to send to each individual partner.  A cover letter would be excellent as well telling the partner which K-1's are included in the package.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
peg
Level 1

The letter feature is there. (Goto to Tools/Letters/Schedule K-1)

But I agree the print feature would be helpful.  Heck, I would be happy if I didn't have to print each of the Illinois K-1-* manually.

0 Cheers

Peg.  I know the letter exists, I was just stressing that this should be included with the federal and state k-1 package I am requesting.  The whole point is so I can print by partner and e-mail them their k-1 package.  Right now I have to print the letters and k-1's seperately, sort them, scan them, rename them, and send them.  This should be a one-click feature.  Should look like this when printing:

Partner 1 - Recipient Letter

Partner 1 - Fed K-1

Partner 1 - State K-1

Partner 1 - State K-1

Partner 2 - Recipient Letter

Partner 2 - Fed K-1

Partner 2 - State K-1

Partner 2 - State K-1

peg
Level 1

Right - but there is a box to click to collate the letter with the K-1s.  It just doesn't also collate the state.

0 Cheers
JoeTaxTN
Level 3

I don't know what you are doing but I have always gotten a K-1 package as you are looking for.

0 Cheers
erinp
Level 2

JoeTaxTN - could you explain how you get the state k-1s to print with the k-1 package?  I can only get the federal to print with the letter.  I have to print the state k-1s separate and then combine into one PDF for my client.  Thanks in advance!!!

0 Cheers
JoeTaxTN
Level 3

Its very obvious

Select ITEMS TO PRINT, ADDITIONAL K-1 PACKAGE, STATE, STATE SCHEDULE K-1.

0 Cheers
erinp
Level 2

Are you using Proconnect or Proseries?  I do not have an option 'items to print' 

HKtax
Level 1

Erinp, 100% agree this is basic functionality I've seen in every other software I've worked with.

"choose items to print" refers to when you go to print the filing copy, on the bottom left there is "choose items to print" you then go and manually click/unclick everything but the K-1's. 

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

The print dialog will work but you still have to collate the forms.  That is ridiculous and very time consuming.  This should be something that gets fixed with a separate print dialog option like all other tax programs.