Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer WILL NOT communicate with my printer. It keeps going offline.I'm printer poor with all the techs I've paid and HP printers I've bought. Any answers?

eb
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

Try:

Settings > Devices > Printers, at the bottom make sure there is no checkmark in "Let Windows manage my default printer." Don't let Windows manage for you.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You only have issues with the ProSeries tax program sending to the printer or all programs that send to the printer?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know anytime I update ProSeries 2018, I cant print from ProSeries 2018 until I reboot the whole computer...not sure if it affects other years as well, Ive just gotten so used to a system reboot after I install or update ProSeries, I just do it automatically now.

0 Cheers
eb
Level 1
Just ProSeries
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@Eileen28 Which HP printer?
Is the problem with all years of PS?
Has there been a windows update recently?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
eb
Level 1
Believe it or not. Have 2 (new) printers HP Laser Jet MFP 428 fdw both give me the same problem.Purchased a couple of months apart.  Have had GREAT service with HP in the past.  They may still
be good because all the techs I've had look at them say it's not the printer the computer is just not
communicating with the printer.  Have also tried the settings, devices, etc earlier on, didn't work for me.

Never had a problem before with HP or PS.  With all the techs I've used I'm sure there has been an
update.  Maybe more than one.  Have been with ProSeries more than 10 years
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
happens with all years of PS or only a certain one?  Can you print to PDF, then print the PDF?

0 Cheers
eb
Level 1
Only happens with the current .  Don't know about the PDF must give it a try (tomorrow)
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Try:

Settings > Devices > Printers, at the bottom make sure there is no checkmark in "Let Windows manage my default printer." Don't let Windows manage for you.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I keep a USB cable connected to the WiFi printer, so that when I have trouble with it as WiFi, I plug in. That hasn't happened for a while, now. When I had a mix of W7 and W10 devices, it seems that the printer got hijacked by one or the other. You simply install that printer as two different devices, so that you can print to the hardwired connection or as WiFi.

0 Cheers