Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still trying to figure why the 3rd Party Designee box isn't checked on the printed Form 1040, but it is checked on the screen. Which version will be used for efile?

BrianThomas
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
Matt105
Level 4
I was able to reproduce what you are seeing, and have reported it to development for correction.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  
0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1
Matt105, sounds great. I also have a question pending about the 1040Wks being able to "Never" print.  When I go to the Print Options and select "Never" for the Client and Preparer Copy, it doesn't save upon exit.  I really don't want to have to check this box each time I print a return for review and don't want 6 wasted pages each time printing either.  Any news as to an update???
0 Cheers
Matt105
Level 4
I am not able to reproduce that behavior.  For the filing copy mine is set to never, and I am not able to change it.  Client and preparer copies are set to if required and can't be changed, which causes them to always print.  I agree that we should have the option to change that, so I will request that development give us the ability to set them to never as well and retain the setting.  
0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1
Thanks for your assistance.  I can drop the boxes down to select "Never", but they revert back to "If Required" when I go back into the screen.  Frustrating.
0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1
Matt105
What is becoming of this issue with development??? We are starting to prepare returns and I don't see this and the 1040Wks issue fixed and it's been two weeks now.  My concern is not only the presentation, but knowing which version is going to be accepted by the IRS upon efile, the screen version which shows the 3rd Party Designee box checked, or the paper version that does not.  Can you inform about these???
0 Cheers
ruester
Level 1
I can't even find the 1040 WKS listed in the print options. What folder is it in? What a waste of paper & ink!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Just print the filing copy.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1
ruester, it is listed in the "Government Forms" folder
0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1
IronMan, I print the Preparer Copy to review the return before giving it to my assistants to assemble. We use the Filing Copy and Client Copy to provide other worksheets etc that I don't want to print out for review.  I don't need to review a return and have to uncheck boxes each and every time I print one out.  It should give the opportunity to select "Never" and save it upon exiting, just like every other form/worksheet it the system.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@BrianThomas   You have a system, most folks don't.  The software isn't working like it should.  I am just giving an option for folks that don't want to go through 15 reams of paper every time they want to print a couple of returns until Intuit stops the madness.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ruester
Level 1
Thank you Brian. Of course the worksheet is in the forms folder and not in a worksheet folder! I've been using ProSeries for 23 years and their logic never ceases to amaze me.
0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1
No doubt, I've used ProSeries since 1996 as well. The software seems to be less sophisticated each year, but more expensive. I've had issues with the auto-fill, Homebase view, having to enter state identification when most states don't require it, id verification etc etc. I know it seems petty, but when you prepare over 1000 returns, those goofy boxes having to be checked adds up.
0 Cheers
Matt105
Level 4
The third party designee box not printing has been corrected through last weeks update.  The option for changing the print condition of the 1040 Worksheet should be corrected in this weeks update.  
0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1
Matt105, that sounds great.  I actually did notice the 3rd Party was corrected as I have begun preparing returns and noticed it on the printed version.  Thanks for all of your assistance, much appreciated!!
0 Cheers