Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORM 2441 - TAXPAYER HAS DEPENDENT CARE BENEFIT FROM EMPLOYER BUT DID NOT INCURR EXPENSES. HOW DO I FORCE THIS ON FORM 2441? I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR

fishbeinel
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What error are you getting?  If they got dep care benefits but had no childcare, it should flow over and become taxable income to them.  

Do you have a ZERO in the child care box on the dependent worksheet for the dep that didn't have care?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What error are you getting?  If they got dep care benefits but had no childcare, it should flow over and become taxable income to them.  

Do you have a ZERO in the child care box on the dependent worksheet for the dep that didn't have care?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ohhhh, I see it wants the childcare providers information filled in.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Just leave the childcare box empty on the fed info worksheet and the 2441 wont require any additional entries.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

I have to wonder if there's a piece of the puzzle missing.

Was anything forfeited?

There's supposed to be a plan administrator in charge and funds should not be disbursed unless substantiated with expenses.  It's a "use it or lose it" thing.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Me thinks OP was referring to an amount in Box 10 of the W-2 and taxpayer never spent it.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers