Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just for your entertainment on May 17

IRonMaN
Level 15

So today is the tax deadline (just in case some folks didn't realize it).  And in the news today, Minnesota legislators announce that they have agreed to a deal.  Minnesota is now going to follow the feds and not tax PPP loan forgiveness or unemployment benefits.  Thanks guys and gals for a job well done.  Thanks for getting this done so early in tax season to allow an orderly flow to tax season.  May 17th?  And they are patting themselves on the back for getting it done before the deadline.  Really?  Really? 😠😠😠

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
PATAX
Level 15

👍 I wonder if they are late when it comes to finding a government job for one of their relatives or friends or someone that worked their campaign? Just asking and just wondering .... and just my opinion as a humble nerd....

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Sigh.

And I support in a few more weeks or months they will decide to not tax unemployment too.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The first $10,200 of unemployment benefits will be tax exempt as part of that great big handshake.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Oh, is that part of it too?  I suppose I should look up what they are doing.

IRonMaN
Level 15

And then the kicker - I just received an e-mail from the State saying they didn't pass any tax law changes during the session ------------ nothing about the handshake.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

May 17th?  https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2021/05/17/ Am i missing something? 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IRonMaN
Level 15

Oh crap.  I missed Lemonade Day this year.  I’ll have to celebrate it twice next year to make up for it.

Slava Ukraini!