Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just downloaded the most recent software update and forms are NOT printing correctly

Ephesians3-14
Level 7

Just downloaded the most recent software update and forms are NOT printing correctly. Anyone else having the same problem? When I try to print Form 1040, I get basically a blank page with some lines, the "DO NOT FILE" watermark and some random numbers. What happened?

Is no one in the Intuit Programming Dept doing any QC work to make sure that a basic function of the software (e.g., printing forms) is working properly before publishing new software updates to tax professionals? Not acceptable at all.

Before I updated the software this morning, it worked just fine yesterday.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Ephesians3-14
Level 7

Sorry - my heading is not correct. I am NOT able to print forms. Wish Intuit would let me edit my own posts!!! They used to allow us to edit our own posts. Not sure who made the decision to not allow the author to change his original post - especially for a situation like this. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im having printing issues as well, the 1040 doesn't print for all clients, some will, one wont, I see a blank white square in print preview....have you looked at other returns or just one?

Look at your Print Forms list and see if it shows  1040 or does it show 1040/1040SR  the one that shows 1040/1040SR in the print forms list, seems to be the one that wont print for me.  

You should be able to edit your own post by clicking those 3 dots on the right side of the post and choosing Edit Post.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ephesians3-14
Level 7

Thanks for the editing tip - Maybe they could make the three dots a little smaller - geesh!

I am printing from "Selected Forms" and when I choose the Form 1040, the page is messed up - basically blank with a bunch of grid lines and some random numbers. I called tech support - they know about the problem. I'm frustrated that these types of errors even occur - is no one in the software programming department doing any QC before publishing the software changes to us?????

garman22
Level 12
Level 12

@Ephesians3-14 I wonder if its a printer issue with the fonts? Ive had that issue before that you are describing. Sorry I cant be more specific as my IT guy fixed for me and Im pretty computer illiterate. 

Ephesians3-14
Level 7

Nope it's not the fonts. It's a ProSeries bug on the latest release.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Ephesians3-14 wrote:

Thanks for the editing tip - Maybe they could make the three dots a little smaller - geesh!

I am printing from "Selected Forms" and when I choose the Form 1040, the page is messed up - basically blank with a bunch of grid lines and some random numbers. I called tech support - they know about the problem. I'm frustrated that these types of errors even occur - is no one in the software programming department doing any QC before publishing the software changes to us?????

Is it ALL returns or only some of them....Im only have problems with some returns, others are fine.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 12
Level 12

With the latest update, if your client is 65 or older you must answer the question, "PRINT FORM 1040-SR

INSTEAD OF FORM 1040" Even if you marked the check box under options to only print the 1040.

That question is on the federal info worksheet after the phone numbers. I was having the same problem

with printing the 1040, but after I discovered this No Issues everything prints fine