Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Mortgage Insurance premiums to calculate? Once everything is properly entered in the Smart Worksheet on Schedule A after line 8c, nothing flows to line 8d.

atllc
Level 1

The Qualified Insurance Premiums Smart worksheet indicates on line G the premiums will be recorded to schedule A, line 8D, which is reserved. Nothing is coming through there. How can I get the flow through (or override to the correct answer)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

MIP was not extended for 2018. Some say it might still be but....as of now, no. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

MIP was not extended for 2018. Some say it might still be but....as of now, no. 

0 Cheers
showse
Level 1
It was retroactively extended.  That is why many lenders have issued corrected 1098s.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I don't think so.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Back for the 2017 tax year it was extended later in 2018...but not for the 2018 tax year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

".....It was retroactively extended.  That is why many lenders have issued corrected 1098s."

Wanna' provide some concrete back-up for that statement?   Seems to me all the pro's on this forum would know of that; altho I do admit to a lot of tunnel vision right now.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I haven't seen any corrected ones....the originals seem to have the PMI already on them...not that it does any good.

0 Cheers
showse
Level 1
My bad. HR 284 was introduced to permanently extend it, but I now see it never got past Ways & Means
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Check IRS Publication 936, it was updated on Jan 24, 2019, it says the PMI deduction is gone for 2018.   

Tons of old articles out there on the internet that show its been extended, but they are wrong.

0 Cheers