Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback to Intuit re: program errors

Karl-M
Level 3

The 2018 Iowa Client Billing Form has a line that has too many characters and generates a review error. I do not want to have to edit this line on every return. A link in the error message to Intuit to address the specific error would be helpful by offering feedback on the specific error from the error would seem to be a useful function.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitBoris
Employee
Employee

Thank you Karl.  I will forward this feedback to our development team.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IntuitBoris
Employee
Employee

Thank you Karl.  I will forward this feedback to our development team.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Go to Tools, select billing, then rates per form, find the conformity worksheet there, right click and override and shorten worksheet to "wks".  And b/c that's a change to the global options, then all you would do is check the "caution box" for clients impacted.  I will forward you concerns on though.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Did this work for you @Karl M ? Wasn't sure if you marked helpful for offering to report it or the instructions :+1:
0 Cheers
Karl-M
Level 3
It sorta worked. I figured out that I can abbreviate worksheet, but that doesn't address the global option you mentioned. It's a State Form, so the global option does not apply here. I appreciate your response and follow-up. Thank you. I see that there is a fix in this week;'s upcoming update.
0 Cheers
JediK8
Level 1

I work in Oregon and also get error messages in the client billing on returns that will reject anything I try to efile, b/c there are errors. Proseries came this way and I would like a patch to fix it. Though, if you go into your state form, click tools, click rates per form, and then compress the errors by shortening them. it has seemed to work for me. It will not help any returns that have already been opened, but will help on anything new. 

0 Cheers
abs4des
Level 2

I'M BEGINNING YEAR THREE AND SEE THAT PAST SUGGESTIONs HAVE NOT BEEN IMPLEMENTED: 

1. Why are there no beneficiary slip sheets available. That's standard supply for other software.

2. Why can't I print a client's phone number on our invoices? We input it but only use it on the 1040.

3. Each year I need to reset my custom Invoices and Client letters. Why does Intuit insist on posting their own letter on top of my customized letters and invoices? The need to reset the Intuit field identifiers is one answer by why are the programmers not using consistent titles in their identifiers so the need to change them yearly goes away? 

4. Why no state 1040-X mailing slip sheets? Another item commonly found in your competitor's programming bag of tricks. 

Thanks for taking the time to at least read these questions.

0 Cheers