Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been a long tax season, well actually two long tax seasons

IRonMaN
Level 15

This isn't McDonalds, but you deserve a break today, so how about a few words from Minnesota's most famous tax preparers - Sven and Ole?

Lars, Sven and Ole were asked, “When you’re in your casket, and friends and neighbors are mourning you, what would you like them to say?”

Lars said, “I vould like dem to say dat I vas a vonderful husband, a fine spirtual leader, and a gut family man.”
. Sven said, “I vould like dem to say I vas a vonderful teacher and servant of God who made a huge difference in da lives of people.”
. Ole said, “I vould like dem to say, ‘Look! He’s moving!’

--------------------------

Sven went in and Ole stayed in the truck. Sven said to the lumberman, “I need a four-by-two”. The lumberman said, “Do you mean a two-by-four?”. Sven said, “let me ask my brudder”. Sven came back and said, “yup we need a two-by-four”. The lumberman said, “How long?”. Sven said, “huh?”. The lumberman said, “How long do you need it?” Sven just stood there, not understanding. The lumberman said, “Go ask your brother.” Sven went out to the truck, and came back and said, “We need it quite a while, we’re building a garage”

--------------

Sven: I haven't talked to my wife for 3 days.

Ole: Well whys that?

Sven: I don't like to interrupt.

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Thanks  this was fun reading while holding for PPS  !

totally agree - two too long tax seasons

IRonMaN
Level 15

You have to take a little break from that tax season grimace and at least attempt to smile every now and then 😁

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Who needs humor when we have the Comedy of Errors?  Intuit:  Can't transmit quarterly payment instructions to IRS right.  IRS:  Can't process them even if they're sent correctly.

But in honor of John Richards, who passed away recently in Boston (no, not that Boston, the one in Lincolnshire), I must correct your reference to McDonald's.  Richards in 2001 was the founder of the Apostrophe Protection Society.  When the British bookseller Waterstone's decided to change its name to Waterstones, he was chagrined.  If McDonald's could get it right, why couldn't a temple to literacy defend it?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/01/laziness-has-won-apostrophe-society-admits-its-defea... 

BobKamman
Level 15

I'm shopping for a used anvil but I called that number and Jenny said they were sold out. 

And meanwhile, I can't figure out what useful life to use for depreciating a used anvil.  We're using it for our next production of Il Trovatore.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8aHsJdMEMY

IRonMaN
Level 15

We aren't sold out, but we are telling everyone due to COVID, there is a 51 week shipping delay.  But we are throwing in a free ACME rocket with every purchase to make up for the inconvenience.

As a side note, how did you get the camera into last year's Intuit's after tax season party?  I understand Intuit has a party every year for everybody that asks questions in this community.

Slava Ukraini!