Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Acquired cannot be after date of disposition Error on asset entry W/S. The dates are correct. Intuit needs to clean these errors up!! (PLEASE)

todd
Level 1

See pic below. Error says Date acquired cannot be after Date of Disposition.  As you can see they are not.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would try deleting the sale date and then try entering it again.  If that doesn't work, i would try deleting the purchase date and entering a completely different date just to see if it helps.  If that doesn't work, I would print off the asset entry worksheet and then delete the asset and enter it from scratch.  If that doesn't work, call support and tell them their software is a piece of crap -------------------- you know, sweet talk them a little.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
rbynaker
Level 13
What do you have at the top for date placed in service?
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
It is because no entry is made in that box unless you have an asset purchased in 2018.  No entry in that box would ever read the year 2015.  It never appeared before 9/30/2017.  So your error is entry in that box by you.  Delete it.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would try deleting the sale date and then try entering it again.  If that doesn't work, i would try deleting the purchase date and entering a completely different date just to see if it helps.  If that doesn't work, I would print off the asset entry worksheet and then delete the asset and enter it from scratch.  If that doesn't work, call support and tell them their software is a piece of crap -------------------- you know, sweet talk them a little.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers