Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040X printing with return when no 1040x used

jeffrey
Level 5

I have complained about this before. I printed a client copy today and it also printed a 1040x, and a second page 1 of 1040.

This is a software issue, and ProSeries seems to act oblivious to the fact. Last post several people said, they didn't have a problem. Well, I do. Also several people said, don't post here. But when you click ProSeries Product investigations it sends you here. So, I think ProSeries wants us to fix it for them?

I would include the return (sanitized) but this would be the wrong place, if my preparare did this, I would fire them. 

Hopefully ProSeries will contact me and actually fix this issue that has been going on for the entire tax year.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I feel like I remember someone complaining about this before...is this new behavior after an update or has this be ongoing for quite some time?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5
It has been going on for some time. I reported it months ago.
0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5
Wow, so I called even though Tech Support pointed me to here. Tech support deleted files on my computer, and bamm no software won't open. Last week after an update it took two days to fix the software. I get paid to work, not wait for Intuit to fix their software. Another two days with no software?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You need to contact support https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1859900-how-to-contact-proseries-for-help

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5
Thank you, I have several times, They don't seem to care
0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5
Wow, so I called even though Tech Support pointed me to here. Tech support deleted files on my computer, and bamm now software won't open. Last week after an update it took two days for Intuit to fix the software. I get paid to work, not wait for Intuit to fix their software. Another two days with no software? How am I supposed to make a living using their software?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
@Intuit BettyJo   or @Intuit Austin   anyone want to step in here and help get this rectified?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitJeff-H
Employee
Employee
Hi Guys
I heard about @jeffrey issues and reached out today. He is able to get back in the program and I am working on his last issue. I appreciate everyone in the community rallying to try and help. That's what makes you guys awesome.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
AWE!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5
Jeff H, Thank you for your help. I printed two 2018 tax returns after we talked. One had the issue of 1040x and the other didn't.
0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni
Thanks for taking care of this @Jeff H !

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5

Are you asking me to do something? I'm confused.

0 Cheers