Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with 1099-NEC

Karl-M
Level 3

Been having some issues with error review and Preparer Copy pdfs printing. 

Error Review wouldn't check anything and got into a loop of Errors and Omissions , Electronic Filing, TSJ Tag Errors and wouldn't finish or move on to the other error checks.

Other issue is that the State return wouldn't print for the Preparers Copy and showed Error #352.

I was trying to figure out why these 2 returns exhibited these errors. Both returns had 1099-NEC worksheets. I removed the worksheets and entered the total on line 1b of Schedule C. This eliminated the issues. Workarounds are not without consequences. This generates an electronic filing error because the field was overridden. I hope the software folks can fix this soon. This is going to be a long enough season without software stress.

As an aside, can we get the software to import preferences (print order, refund monitor on, stuff  like that) from previous year?

Hope that everyone is well.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
dkh
Level 15

I've found if you uncheck Diagnostics in the Review drop down it will stop the loop when error checking.

I wouldn't override line 1b on Sched C  just enter $ on line 1a  or add to $ already on line1a   It's all taxed the same and isn't differentiated on the actual Schedule C that is submitted to IRS

qbteachmt
Level 15

"can we get the software to import preferences (print order, refund monitor on, stuff like that) from previous year?"

From expanding step 4: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/install-products/help/installing-proseries-on-a-new-computer...

CWFPDATA located in the Common folder This folder stores all customized "Control Which Forms Print" settings.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers