Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this place ever going to get a decent search function?

Level 15

So I wanted to follow up on a post of mine regarding MN forms printing gibberish.  So how in the %^**&&%##&^ can you go back and find it?  The old forum search function sucked, but at least if you went back to your profile, you could see posts that you created vs posts that you submitted answers to.  For those of us that post more than once or twice a year, it is basically impossible to find an old post that you created.  And the new search function?  It sucks worse than the original forum.  It's sad that you can't get any kind of decent results from doing a simple search here but yet Google had no problem finding what I was looking for.  No wonder why folks repeat the same questions here ------------------ doing a search doesn't do diddly for them.

Ok, I feel better now.  Everybody have a good tax season and I hope you have everything finished up by this year's August 15th deadline.

This week's special - free roadrunner dinner with every return (legal disclaimer - you catch it and we'll cook it)
Labels (1)
7 Replies 7
Level 12

No

OK, I'll edit this to add:

Someone here posted a good suggestion.  Do a global Google search with "Intuit Accounts Community" and then a few words that will limit it to the topic you hope to find.  

Well, I just tried that with just "Ironman" and the first things listed are images, including your Minnesota form.  There's a separate directory for uploaded images?  Must be.  

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/media/gallerypage/album-id/241/image-id/2760i791C6B88E80C1E6... 

Level 13

I said this even before the new forum was fully rolled out:  A good salesman convinced Intuit to invest in this garbage, and now they are committed to keeping this crappy forum.

Level 15

Well, for the record, if I really want to find something here, I usually start with the words "ProSeries" in my Google search.  Even though this place couldn't find it, Google had my post as the second choice in the search results.  Maybe Intuit could find someone at Google that likes to moonlight and earn an extra couple of bucks.  Maybe to sweeten the offer, they could even offer to pay that Google employee in cash.

This week's special - free roadrunner dinner with every return (legal disclaimer - you catch it and we'll cook it)
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

Maybe to sweeten the offer, they could even offer to pay that Google employee in cash.

Don't be silly, that person would prefer to be be paid in Acme points.

Level 15

That reminds me, that new ACME catalog should be coming soon.

Level 13

Oh!   Are they coming out with the new model of anvil yet?  Or is that still in the R&D stage?

Level 15

It's in the final stages of testing.  It is more aerodynamic and doesn't make quite as loud of a clunk when it lands on my head.