Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an error with SE health insurance deduction and PTC after update?

dhoyt
Level 3

I have a client with a 1095A showing premiums of $16,500 for helath insurance, and $15,500 in advance premiums. Income ended up at 401% of poverty level so Taxpayer would have had to repay all of the APTC if it wasn't for the American Rescue Plan. 

Taxpayer is Self-employed though, so when I link the 1095A to schedule C, it is putting the entire amont of premiums ($16500) on schedule 1, Line 16. Sholdn't that amount actually be about $1000 ($16500 -$15500 APTC)? Is this an error in proseries or is there some additional magic provision I'm missing in the American Rescue Plan Act? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen others say that you have to do it manually, dont link 1095A to Sch C, the update to fix the APTC payback exclusion, goofed it up.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen others say that you have to do it manually, dont link 1095A to Sch C, the update to fix the APTC payback exclusion, goofed it up.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dhoyt
Level 3

Thank you. I've had some CPA's on other websites that say that multiple software companies are doing the same thing, though. They seem to feel that the way the software is handling it may be as a result of informal talks between the software providers and the IRS. In short, it may be working as intendeded and the IRS hasn't said so yet. 

I might wait on filing some of these for another week or so and see if any updated direction is provided.

0 Cheers