Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to submit direct deposit information for a client who never gets a refund and is not ready to file for 2019?

allenstaxes
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS is supposed to be working on a portal for that..you can't do it with the tax software.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
allenstaxes
Level 1

Yes I read that.  Then I saw this where Turbo Tax is setting up a way for people who do not need to file can file a free simple return to get their direct deposit information to the IRS.  But nothing for those who need to file a real return.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/how-can-i-get-my-stimulus-check-if-i-dont-file-a-tax-return.h...

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 8

IRS is planning on having the Portal ready very soon, 2 weeks according to the last notice they sent out and I had a client ask if they should go to the Turbo Tax site and submit their banking info. I haven't looked there to see what they are referring to, but it sounds like Intuit is providing an option for their cash cow. Good marketing strategy for 2021. Be nice if we could provide that option to our clients.

Did your client ever set up a payment to the IRS when you filed the return? If so, bank information is on file with the IRS.