Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get 199A Statement A to show the various EIN's from the pass through entities?

LisaPap
Level 3

Partnership B receives K-1 from Partnership B, including statement A showing several pass through entities with entity-by entity QBI info including the EIN's of each of those various PTE's.  I input all of that information when I prepared the Partnership B return.  However, the K-1/Statement A's going to the partners isn't showing the EIN's of each of those individual entities. Makes it difficult for the individuals to properly report the info - it's my understanding that the 1040 needs to list the name, EIN and QBI income for each individual activity that is passed down to them.  Not sure why ProSeries doesn't have a space for EIN for each column on Statement A (Note - I received such a Statement A showing that info from the upper tier partnership, so somebody's software can handle it)

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
oracletax
Level 1

Im having the same problem in Lacerte.  Has this been solved?

0 Cheers
LisaPap
Level 3

No, haven't heard any responses yet - but actually it is good to know I'm not the only one finding this to be problematic.

0 Cheers
oracletax
Level 1

Thanks for the response. So annoying.  I have a partnership with about 100 lines of 199a info and entered each EIN for nothing. 

0 Cheers
LisaPap
Level 3

I hear you!  To me the only thing worse than the software issue is that some lawmakers decided this was a good idea.  I feel like we should make them all prepare tiered partnership and partner returns before they come up with these ideas.  My answer to it has been to aggregate where the amounts are minor, even though that isn't technically correct.

0 Cheers