Among other things, ProSeries has:
- Election statements (some of which are efiled and others which must be attached as a pdf).
- Supporting statements (which have a check box stating 'do not print' with the return, and which statement may be sourced from a form or worksheet that is or is not efiled with a return)
- Notes (which may be printed as part of a tax return for filing, which may or may not be efiled depending on the form or worksheet they are attached to - see above).
- Additional info statements (which, at times - 1040, not 1120 - appear to convert into "preparer notes" for efiling or at least the efiling status becomes more clear)
- Misc Statements (which apparently are not efiled).
I'm sure I have missed a few but the problem should be relatively clear => It is not always clear what is being efiled. Print preview seems to be one's best (nearest) guess.
Can we fix this with an indicator (or something) on each form/worksheet? For all form sets?
If there is a handy dandy chart somewhere stating what the program is actually going to do in all of the above possible scenarios/return types, can someone please send the link?
Thank you in advance.
I'm not aware of a central source, but this is what we were told several years ago by a great moderator that looked into it:
- Elections that are built-in to the program (it has a form for it) are e-filed.
- If there is a button that says something like "explain" or "statement" it is e-filed (for example, line 53 of Form 5329 or on Form 1116).
- The "preparer notes" are e-filed.
- That is pretty much everything. The "notes" are NOT e-filed.