Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the qbi functioning yet in proseries?

gemtaxes
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

My Schedule C is finally getting the right answer.  I suspect there are still some bugs to work out for the K-1 stuff.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
rbynaker
Level 13

My Schedule C is finally getting the right answer.  I suspect there are still some bugs to work out for the K-1 stuff.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
So it is kinda working.  Just like the question was kinda vague.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
In my case, the "doesn't subtract 1/2 SE tax", the "doesn't subtract employer retirement contributions" and the "doesn't understand the term net capital gain" bugs have all been fixed.  Mostly I think that's due to the IRS releasing the new regs last week.

I suspect there are still plenty of situations where the math is still broken, but heck, several examples in the new regs are wrong.  Clearly the IRS personnel in charge of proofreading and QC have been deemed non-essential.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Kinda.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Depends....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Kinda depends?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
You shoulda' given me a no vote :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Sorta' kinda' maybe?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I think I saw someone once post here that the answers are only as good as the questions. :grimacing::grimacing:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers