Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Proseries updating the software for the new July 15, 2020 filing deadline?

onlycpa
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309
dd4vols
Level 9

check the "ALERTS'  icon across the top toolbar... and read those articles that come up in yellow... neat concept

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.
IRonMaN
Level 15

We are supposed to read those?  I just thought the yellow banners was an attempt by Intuit to wipe down my ProSeries files so they wouldn't get the Coronavirus.

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You should have had a yellow banner alert across the top of your program explaining what to do to make this happen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
FrankK
Level 3

Their "alert" says that you can set the date, then disable conversion checking.

I believe the "correct" way would be:

1 - First, set the date to 4/15 or earlier

2 - Go to e-file and covert the return, but don't submit it.  This will check for all errors.  If you get any errors, fix these and check again. When you get no conversion errors, go back to the return and change the date to the date after 4/15 that you want to use.  Save the return, then go to E-file.

3 - Choose "convert and transmit" but disable conversion checking.  Otherwise, you will still get a conversion error because the date yet set is after 4/15.