Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is Pro Series technical support overseas now ?

Highlighted
Level 3
last updated ‎January 29, 2020 2:22 PM

is Pro Series technical support overseas now ?  I just received a call back from the Philippines for tech support!
I thought all support for Pro Series is US based.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
19 Replies 19
Highlighted
Level 15

You thought wrong.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 3

NO you are incorrect

you are an "All Star" of what?

I am correct because the tech support person who called back to address the tech issue identified as being in the Philippines and had the Pro Series telephone # 

Highlighted
Level 15

Jeff is correct.  YOU thought all support was US based, and you thought wrong.  Support is outsourced.

We are "AllStars" because we have given countless hours of our time answering questions that *support* should be available to answer.  

And, I might add, we do it for FREE.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Thats not how I took his statement @TAXATION . He was being sarcastic. No surprise they moved it all overseas. 

Highlighted
Level 15

I don't know the meaning of sarcastic.  Maybe after tax season someone can explain it to me.😑

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

@IRonMaN wrote:

I don't know the meaning of sarcastic.  Maybe after tax season someone can explain it to me.😑

Lol! You are sarcasm personified!! 😂🤣😃

Highlighted
Level 15

I can see why the OP feels deceived.  I also read it somewhere the Intuit Support is US-based.  In fact, here's what's in PS' product FAQ (https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/faqs-professional/😞

Is technical support included?
Yes, ProSeries provides you with free U.S.-based technical support via a wide range of convenient options: toll-free phone with extended hours during peak season, in-product help and web. See our support site here.

Interestingly, this statement is not in the FAQ for Lacerte or PTO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Obo Wan - other than an exception or two, support is based in the U.S.  You forget that we are support 😀

Highlighted
Level 15

Obi Wan - he's one.  Who would be the second one?

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

Obi Wan - he's one.  Who would be the second one?

That would be the person calling from the Philippines.😉

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Isn't KMB overseas also?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Except that one from the Philippines didn't appear to be very "supportive" (unlike you)

Highlighted
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Obo Wan - other than an exception or two, support is based in the U.S.  You forget that we are support 😀

I almost forgot.  So, that's a truthful statement. 😂

Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 3

itonewbie,

Thank you for your reply.   It was a serious question about where the support is located.   In my opinion, I have an obligation to inform my clients if their information is available outside the US.  So again thanks for your response.  

Are the other reply posters’ posts normal for this community?   Thought it was a Professional community vs. street talk.   

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

@TAXATION wrote:

Thank you for your reply.   It was a serious question about where the support is located.   In my opinion, I have an obligation to my clients if their information is available outside the US.  So again thanks for your response.  

Are the other reply posters’ posts normal for this community?   Thought it was a Professional community vs. street talk.   

Need to have a little fun every now and again. 

Highlighted
Level 15

"Thought it was a Professional community vs. street talk.."

We thought that too, for a long time.  Then we gave up, as Intuit refuses to limit access to this forum to just tax professionals.  So you should bust them on that too, for false advertising.

Highlighted
Level 15

@TAXATION wrote:

We're glad to be of help.  We do understand it is a serious question and confidentiality of your client's data is of genuine concern.

While our conversation may seem like street talk, it is not.  If you read between the lines, you will realize how Intuit has quietly outsourced its support function large to this Community, to which we devote much of our personal time and energy for no pay, only for the satisfaction of knowing that our fellow professionals could, hopefully, get the quick responses and resolutions they need to serve their clients.

Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 3

@itonewbie 

Heard from Intuit and the following was stated:

All of our technical customer support is US based. All of the ProSeries non-technical customer service (topics like licensing, renewal, account changes etc.) are handled in Manila.”

I think the call center misunderstood my request for tech support and transferred my call to “customer service” in error.  It was a busy week for the call center.  

Highlighted
Level 15

@TAXATION wrote:

is Pro Series technical support overseas now ?  I just received a call back from the Philippines for tech support!
"I thought all support for Pro Series is US based."

I answered your question  -  you thought wrong.

I am an AllStar of the Intuit Circus which seems to roll into town just about this time every year.