Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to report stock awards in ProSeries without any corresponding stock sale?

JWM
Level 3

Taxpayer has received stock awards and participates in ESPP with 10% discount. She provides information annually. Is it possible to enter these purchases / awards into Pro Series even if she sells none of them year by year? Or do I need to wait to enter all information until she sells some?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I'd just keep that on file as a carryover item in case I need them when the stocks are disposed of (but I wouldn't take the responsibility for maintaining these docs or identifying the shares subsequently sold on my client's behalf).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

I'd just keep that on file as a carryover item in case I need them when the stocks are disposed of (but I wouldn't take the responsibility for maintaining these docs or identifying the shares subsequently sold on my client's behalf).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers