Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is employees net pay or gross pay deductible as a salary expense

joe7230
Level 1

I usually do only individual taxes so I'm not sure on this question

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Gross

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Gross

But make sure the withheld taxes have been properly offset against tax expense if appropriate.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

This means you are doing a business return?This means Sched C, since any other business is already late filing, unless you put the 1065/1120/1120S on extension.

Do you know who does and does not get paid through payroll, so that you are expensing the right values? Do you understand employer taxes? Do you understand which benefits are payroll and which additions are not payroll expense?

It concerns me for your client. You might want some mentoring.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Can you file an extension for this client for now then do some research so you can understand how to properly prepare the return?   You'd hate to miss something important.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

@qbteachmt Just a heads up 1120 doesn't have the same due date as 1165 and 1120s, and 1120's are not yet past the filing deadline for a calendar year reporting corporation. (Not that that likely matters in this case)

qbteachmt
Level 15

"doesn't have the same due date as 1165 and 1120s"

And that's the point. No one here knows the specifics, but everyone here has a similar concern.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers