Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having issues with printing the standard client letter and having the software shutting down and not printing the letter.?

NTroester
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

24 Comments 24
ksrussell1
Level 1

Yes - looking for a solution

0 Cheers
John Boy
Level 2

Yes - when trying to print just the client letter, the program crashes.

jackhach
Level 1

Yes...the 2019 is crashing when attempting to print invoice as well.

It also will send a 3000+ page print to spooler.  Fortunately it just prints blank pages.

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

Yes, sent in an error report.  This is stopping productivity  

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

Yeah and just updated hoping it would fix the problem and now I get no letters.  No K-1 letters for the partners, etc.  I might be shopping for some new software next year.  I have done absolutely nothing all day but fix problems with Proseries.  Last night's update also screwed up the print driver on one of my printers.

sulchekmoore
Level 1

Having the exact same issue after updating today

0 Cheers
maplecrestbam
Level 1

Same thing happening with our software.

0 Cheers
Kimmyjack
Level 4

Now the workaround isn't working either.  NO letters.

0 Cheers
kjrrefocus
Level 2

Yes....program is shutting whenever I try to print the invoice or the client letter.

0 Cheers
jennisbsvb
Level 3

YES!!! I knew some were having printing problems. I couldn't efile without updating and now the program crashes when printing. 

This is such a glitchy year. I'm over it

0 Cheers
parrishfreitag
Level 3

We just started experiencing this issue as well when printing an invoice.

0 Cheers
CMartin
Level 1

YES, Where do we go to report it to Proseries

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9

@CMartin @NTroester @parrishfreitag @jennisbsvb @kjrrefocus 

Contact support as we are just users and Support refuses to give any information on this problem and when, or if, it will be fixed.

0 Cheers
mvp2885
Level 5

YES!!! this piece of crap keeps shutting down when printing invoices and letters. Then it messes up my printers, so I have to remove and add my printer. Then on top of that, I did a MFS state split and one of the spouses just disappeared from proseries. Proseries is easy to use, but this year might be the last year, soooooo freaking frustrating, I lost 2 clients today, about $400, is Intuit going to pay me for that? 

parrishfreitag
Level 3

Temporary work-around for bills and client letters:  print a client copy to pdf, then open the pdf and print just the page(s) that you need.  More time consuming, but won't halt production all-together

Kimmyjack
Level 4

Tried that.  It tells me no letter is selected.  But it is.

0 Cheers
jennisbsvb
Level 3

That work around didn't work but thank you for the info

0 Cheers
baflowers
Level 3

Not being able to print the custom invoice is driving me insane. Threw out the batch printing method that I use so it has slowed production a great deal on my end. Glad it hasn't with yours. I have to open each file, print 2 invoices, then print the return. I will be here all day Sunday just trying to print up the finished work. the new "improvements to the letters"  are terrible. We also do custom standard letter for the businesses and those can't be done ahead of time either. Luckily, those are the only issues that I have had so far up until today.

0 Cheers
N411BC
Level 3

Same issue started today

0 Cheers
taxu2
Level 4

I've noticed that going to printer icon "print selected forms" then click on the letter only and then select the client letter that it will print that way without shutting down pro series. As for now anyway. 

69Roadrunner
Level 1

Yes, started after I did a software update today.  Don't know how to resolve.

0 Cheers
baflowers
Level 3

we use the custom billing invoice and it is shutting down the program. We put next appt date and contact information on the invoice. Standard invoice doesn't do. No option for custom to print except to go into the file, pull up the invoice and print, then do it again. We have always had this and not they have removed the option.

0 Cheers
MTdjb
Level 1

Printing letters or invoices from the program icons or the drop down menu doesn't work today (2-13-20).  I changed print options to have the letter and invoice print with the client copy and then I can deselect anything already printed or not wanted when I use the 'Print Selected Return' icon and then the 'Preview' choice.  Inconvenient, but better than no letter/invoice.

0 Cheers
TaxAndCoffee
Level 3

There's a great workaround that has been working for me all afternoon on this thread: 

It's by Brother Jack, about halfway down the page.....

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-crashing-when-printing-i...

Coffee is life.
0 Cheers