Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having an issue with Proseries locking up and crashing 3-11-21

mm1
Level 5

We did the update this morning and since then Proseries has been locking up when trying to save. The dummy spin wheel keeps spinning for a while and then the program crashes, kicks you out. Our setup is data files only on the server, program files on each workstation. It is happening on all workstations, not just one.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Windows had a recent update as well...this drives me crazy when the OS and the tax program get updated close to the same time, Im always afraid Windows will screw something up with the tax program.

I'd reboot the system and see if you have better luck.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Windows had a recent update as well...this drives me crazy when the OS and the tax program get updated close to the same time, Im always afraid Windows will screw something up with the tax program.

I'd reboot the system and see if you have better luck.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mm1
Level 5

I just had everyone do that. Hopefully that will fix the issue. It was the only thing I could think of to tell my preparers to do at this point. Our windows updates automatically and I don't see those updates unless I look for them. Thanks for the heads up. 

PATAX
Level 15

Lisa do you accept automatic updates for your operating system? Or do you manually approve to download an operating system update?

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

We continue to have blue screen shut down problems when in Proseries. We have contacted our IT guy to roll back the windows update. Hopefully this will get my office back to work. Everyone is crashing in Proseries but nothing else so it has to be related to updates of Proseries and Windows the same night.

0 Cheers