Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else getting this error "Unable to write to disk. Please use a different disk" when trying to save? This is on pro series 2019

gy3772
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Is anyone else getting this error "Unable to write to disk. Please use a different disk" when trying to save? This is on pro series 2019 "

ProSeries 2019 wont be out until next year....but what drive are you saving to?  Is it a hard drive or a removeable drive of some kind?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Is anyone else getting this error "Unable to write to disk. Please use a different disk" when trying to save? This is on pro series 2019 "

ProSeries 2019 wont be out until next year....but what drive are you saving to?  Is it a hard drive or a removeable drive of some kind?

0 Cheers
gy3772
Level 1
Sorry my error. 2018. The drive is the c drive on the computer
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
hmmm....I'm assuming the HD has plenty of space left.  Have you restarted the computer since the message began?

0 Cheers
gy3772
Level 1
Yes plenty of disk space. Computer has been restarted plenty of times as well as the antivirus and back up programs uninstalled
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Does this help?
https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1657388-unable-to-write-to-disk-please-use-a-diff...

0 Cheers
gy3772
Level 1
Unfortunately no. I saw that and tried that already. Thanks though
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so you can save other files to that folder/directory, but not the tax files?

0 Cheers
gy3772
Level 1
Yes correct. Nothing else is affected. Going to try disabling the auto save feature and see if that is the issue
0 Cheers
MarfaMBS
Level 1

This prior post says that this has been solved. What is the solution? I have the same error that is coming up now in 2019. 

"Unable to write to disk. Please use a different disk" when trying to save or print or anything? It just keeps kicking me out!

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

I am seeing this constantly in the 2020 version.  I will save the current client record to the defined folder and 2 minutes later I might get either the automatic save can't find the folder or the message mentioned when the save button is pushed for the same client record.  The only way I have found to "get around" the issue, at least temporarily, is to go to File>Change Directory then click OK without changing anything.  Then at least for a while the saving function works.  It seem like ProSeries Tax is losing or changing the folder information "somewhere" and that the folder information has to be updated over and over.  This is a real irritant.  I have rebooted and have even re-installed the application upon request by support but the issue returns.  I will limp through the remainder of this tax year but I certainly hope that the 2021 version will not have these issues.

0 Cheers