Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a $300 stipend for teaching a class to senior citizens at a university taxable if a 1099misc is not issued?

Level 1
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 15

Yes. All income from whatever source derived is taxable unless there is a statutory exclusion. Lack of a 1099 doesn't matter.

Level 15

Hopefully the class being taught wasn’t “How to Prepare Income Tax Returns” 😬

Armpit sniffer. Yup, checked out the help wanted ads and found the job. With my nose, how can I go wrong?