Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS rejects return with prior year PIN date, but Proseries won't accept current year PIN entry date. Suggestions?

KVOCPA
Level 1

0 Cheers
25 Comments 25
GodFather
Level 8

Sounds like a call to customer support is in order on this one.  Good luck. 

0 Cheers
Suzzels
Level 2

We have the same error.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

got the same message back this morning. The rejection says the date must be in the current calendar year to efile. Ignore error messaging about the reject if necessary. I changed the date to 1/23/23 and unchecked the error checking box when I went to convert and transmit. I just resent it. Will let you all know if It goes through. 

MelissaL
Level 4

This is a known issue and they are supposedly working on it.  You can call them and add your name to the list so that you are notified when it is fixed. Although I find that they don't bother with that either...

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Search here for numerous other posts on this.

It has been suggested you disable error checking and then you can efile.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

"You can call them and add your name to the list so that you are notified when it is fixed."

But this is why folks complain that they are on hold for hours with support.  Don't tell people to call support just so they can get on a list that doesn't really exist anyway.  As referred to above, just use the current date but uncheck the box for error checking when you convert the file for e-filing. 

Slava Ukraini!
Rim2Rim
Level 2

How can we disable error?- this taking valuable time which we don't have....

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

When you go through the convert process, a window pops up and included in the window is a line for error checking.  Just unclick it.  The whole process should take under a second.

Slava Ukraini!
Rim2Rim
Level 2

Thanks- hopefully this will work - 

Rim2Rim
Level 2

Did not solve the problem.... 

0 Cheers
Rim2Rim
Level 2

Did not solve the problem- 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/error-primary-signature...

Per this thread, it does work.

And posting "it doesn't work" twice isn't necessary.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15
Rim2Rim
Level 2

The "did not solve" reply was related to disable error message - the date has to be changed in addition to disable error. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I also covered that part in my post.  Please don’t say things don’t work if you don’t follow the complete suggestion 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Rim2Rim
Level 2

Thank you for your assistance - not a quick fix however when 40+ clients are involved. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, the complete solution was provided prior to your “doesn’t work” post.  Sometimes folks have to just calm down and read and comprehend what others are telling them.

Slava Ukraini!
Shawnwatt
Level 2

You are the real hero! I didn't realize I could disable that and fix the problem.

0 Cheers
Summer2021
Level 4

Wow! You get it fixed?  I will try again!

0 Cheers
Summer2021
Level 4

I used proseries basis.  I didn't see a conversion process. 

When I clicked efile now, I was asked if I want to continue with the convert/transmit process.  

Thanks for helping!

0 Cheers
Summer2021
Level 4

In where you disable the conversion process?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't use Basic, but in the Professional version the error checking feature is part of the convert/transmit process.  I assume it is the same in Basic ------- you probably just need to look a little closer at the screen that pops up.

Slava Ukraini!
Summer2021
Level 4

Ok!  I found where to disable the conversion!

Thank you all!  I love this community.

IRonMaN
Level 15

IRonMaN_0-1649091097214.png

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dbelling
Level 3

thank you for sharing this seemed to work for me....

0 Cheers