Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Rejection

fesemagu
Level 3

I recently file a tax return for my client whose SSN is valid for work only with DHS authorization, and it was rejected twice by the tax authority because it does not match the record on there data base. My client is a first time filer and she has had this card for more than  six months. Should I wait for four more weeks or just mail in it as a paper return. Also should I include form 1042-S when filing this return?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

be sure the last name on the tax return matches the name on Line 2 of the SS card.

Dont mail anything in on paper now, the IRS has asked everyone to stop...the dont have the resources to manage all the paper that's arriving.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

be sure the last name on the tax return matches the name on Line 2 of the SS card.

Dont mail anything in on paper now, the IRS has asked everyone to stop...the dont have the resources to manage all the paper that's arriving.

drlnhndrs
Level 1

Hi so I seen the  answer to my question I also did a non filing  form with IRS and I didn't know that meant I was filing my taxes then when I tried to efile  my 2019  tax with TurboTax it rejected and says somebody already using the Social Security number and I didn't understand that so I see the response you gave somebody else so that helps me so I just need to do an amended 2019 tax?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@drlnhndrs wrote:

Hi so I seen the  answer to my question I also did a non filing  form with IRS and I didn't know that meant I was filing my taxes then when I tried to efile  my 2019  tax with TurboTax it rejected and says somebody already using the Social Security number and I didn't understand that so I see the response you gave somebody else so that helps me so I just need to do an amended 2019 tax?

On a different post yes.....but IRS doesnt want any paper returns sent in at this point, so filing an amended (which can only be printed, signed and mailed in), isnt an option for now.

0 Cheers
drlnhndrs
Level 1

Thank you so I have to do an amendment after coronavirus is over correct? And I did get a message back from IRS that the non-filer form was accepted.

Also for W2 I only made $9,000+ and I seen on the non- filing form  that if you made under $12,000 . You wasn't obligated to file, but I also made like 10,000+ on 1099 form, but I had enough expenses going out then what I made so I was getting back like 400. So I also have to wait to file the 1099 also cuz I had them both together on the turbo tax. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@drlnhndrs wrote:

Thank you so I have to do an amendment after coronavirus is over correct? And I did get a message back from IRS that the non-filer form was accepted.

Also for W2 I only made $9,000+ and I seen on the non- filing form  that if you made under $12,000 . You wasn't obligated to file, but I also made like 10,000+ on 1099 form, but I had enough expenses going out then what I made so I was getting back like 400. So I also have to wait to file the 1099 also cuz I had them both together on the turbo tax. 

You really should be over in the TurboTax forum asking these questions.  This message board is for professional tax preparers using Intuits professional software.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/file-with-turbotax/discussion/03/303

0 Cheers
drlnhndrs
Level 1

Ok thanks

0 Cheers