Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRC 1.266-1 Election to capitalize carrying charges

Camp1040
Level 10

I'm trying to find a blank form for IRC 1.266-1 Election to capitalize carrying charges, to attach to a 1040 tax return.

I had one last year and I can't find it this year, not even at irs.gov.

I use PS Basic

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Did you check Under Miscellaneous > Elections?  Under Individual Elections Summary, it should be listed as item #18.

In any case, it's a very simple statement.  You can easily prepare one, following the guidelines outlined in the Treas. Reg. you cited.  Don't recall IRS ever having a template.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Did you check Under Miscellaneous > Elections?  Under Individual Elections Summary, it should be listed as item #18.

In any case, it's a very simple statement.  You can easily prepare one, following the guidelines outlined in the Treas. Reg. you cited.  Don't recall IRS ever having a template.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
RollTide68
Level 8

Try F6 to search forms then elections

ProSeries Professional it is on the Individual Elections Summary worksheet line 18

Camp1040
Level 10

I have basic, I will create the form from a statement as you suggested.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

PS Basic doesn't have the form or the same format as professional. 

No individual elections summary line 18. I have found a work around.

Thanks for the help. 

0 Cheers