Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invasion of P.I.A. phone calls

PATAX
Level 15

Isn't it just amazing the kind of phone calls we get at this time of the year. For example: Can I reschedule my appointment, I think we're going to get 7 millimeters  of snow today? I have  $1.33 in interest from the bank and I didn't get my 1099 form, what do I do? We are going on vacation South and we won't be back until February 27th, Is that okay? Can I cancel my appointment, my parakeet threw up and has gas? 😉

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

This job would be a lot easier without clients 🤣

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

This job would be a lot easier without clients 🤣

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I’ve never been in favor of in person client meetings. They are too much of a distraction. Five minutes in the office to pick up or drop off. I would say hello to them if I’ was around. Since the pandemic, I’ve cut that out too. My door is always open but I’m working remotely and most would have to travel 1000 miles if they want to meet with me.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
dascpa
Level 11

A few years ago I went to online scheduling via appointy.com.  I've linked it to my website.  Now 98% of my client appointments, reschedules and cancellations are scheduled by the client without the phone calls and emails of when are you available....  For under $300 a year it's really helped. It also links to my Outlook and Iphone.  As far as the $1.33 of interest, yup, that's still there.